July 14, 2010

Week 2 Day 3 Winter Holidays

I woke up tired and didn't want to get up this morning, I didn't get out of bed until around 8am, Cooper woke me up at 3:30am and I had to change his clothes before putting him back in Nathan's bed and because it was so windy it took me a while to get back to sleep.

We all enjoyed a quiet morning as Riley slept at mum's last night with Jared and two kids are always quieter than three. Nate enjoyed having the Wii all to himself while Cooper played garbage bins.
On Sunrise I was shocked to find out that our gas, water and electricity bills are to go up 64% in the next five years. It got me thinking how we can reduce our usage to keep our bills down.

Benson had been barking all morning at the wind and the electricity man, I think he barked non stop for around 3 hours, his bark actually sounded a little hoarse.


Cooper and I made a Apple and Almond cake for morning tea. I was careful but still managed to over cook it as I usually do with cakes.


After lunch I picked up Dylan and we met mum and the boys at Warrawong to see Shrek Fore. Cooper was jumping up and down with excitment as he was so excited. I have to say I really enjoyed the movie and had a few chuckles.


We didn't get home from Kay's until 5pm so I decided to make burritos for dinner, Riley was pleased as it is his favourite dinners. The boys also enjoyed a slinky apple and huge bowl of yoghurt for dessert.


Darren got home from work early tonight and inspected his bikes that had fallen off the wall during the night, I think they were all ok. I nearly had a heart attack when I went in the garage and found his bike on the floor next to my car, thankfully it didn't hit the car on the way down.

He went for a night ride to Appin with a mate from work, he was a little nervous as the last time he rode at night in Appin he had a big stack. He finally got around to packing his night lights into a new hard case especially designed for the lights. Luckily the lights are ok as they were on his rode bike that fell of the wall.


The boys enjoyed playing mummy and daddy's for an hour before bed as Darren got them in their PJ's before he left. Cooper was off to sleep pretty quickly but Riley and Nate were talking for ages, I think they missed each other.

I managed to get two loads of washing done and I also took Benson for a walk for even though it was windy it wasn't too cold to be outdoors.

No comments: